The Smith Corcoran Difference
Most families do not know the difference between funeral homes. At a glance they all provide the same services. However, at Smith-Corcoran we believe there is a difference and more to funeral service.
- Family Owned- we are a family owned and operated funeral home now in our fourth generation. We are proud of our roots in the community and are honored that people continue to turn to us during a time of need. Unlike major corporate owned funeral homes our focus is on the families we serve. As part of the community we can help as only a neighbor can.
- Our Staff- all of our staff members go through quarterly training to develop their skills in dealing with grieving families. Our continuing education far exceeds the minimum state requirements. Our commitment to never stop improving provides an invaluable resource to families through our directors’ vast range of knowledge and experience.
- Facilities- all of our facilities have been remodeled and are continually updated. Please stop by any time to view our comfortable, welcoming facilities. All of our locations are handicap accessible with chapels, lounges and restrooms on the first level.
- Locations- With three convenient locations our chapels are easily accessible from major highways and interstates.
- Our Own Crematory- We operate our own crematory to ensure that every detail is handled in a dignified and respectful manner. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality service and this means higher standards above and beyond the minimum state requirements. Operating our own crematory gives families the peace of mind knowing their loved one will always be in our care. Many other funeral homes outsource their cremations to a third party. We require positive identification before cremation either through family viewing or a recent photograph. We also employ a rigorous and robust identification process by using our system SeruIDy. This ensures that all remains are properly identified through the cremation process with unique bar code technology.